Itinerary: Florida’s Tallest Lighthouse Beckons
Discover quaint Ponce Inlet, its esteemed Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse and Marine Science Center, and New Smyrna Beach
Enjoy spectacular, 360-degree views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Intracoastal Waterway and more! Completed in 1887, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse is a fascinating piece of Florida history. At 175 feet, it towers above others as the tallest lighthouse in Florida and is tucked away in the charming town of Ponce Inlet. Witness the impressive sea turtle and marine bird rehabilitation efforts of the Marine Science Center.
Ideas for first timers:
- Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse & Museum
- Marine Science Center
- Parasail, Jet Ski or Sunset Sail
- Charter a boat to fish the artificial reefs
- Ponce Inlet Eco Tours
Ideas for repeat visitors:
- Climb to the Moon special monthly event
- Ponce Inlet Historical Museum
- Ponce Preserve
- Wilbur Rose Paddling Trail
- Water Taxi to New Smyrna Beach
Discover more! Click here for :15 spots of more fun, more value in Daytona Beach.