Eco-adventurers will find the Daytona Beach area rich in natural treasures! Whether it be by land or by sea, your next ecotourism excursion is just around the bend.
- Join environmental specialists at the Lyonia Environmental Center every Monday and Friday at 9 a.m. for a "Guided Scrub Stroll" through Lyonia Preserve.
- Ponce Preserve has been added to the Eastern section of the Great Florida Birding Trail and is an excellent site for bird watching.
- Other popular birding spots include: Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge, Hontoon Island State Park,Tomoka State Park and Boardman Pond along the Ormond Scenic Loop and Trail.
- Frank Rendon Park is famous for a variety of shore birds during peak migratory season.
- The Halifax Audubon Society has named 14 locales to its list of Greater Daytona Beach Area Birding Hot Spots.
Spot sand hill cranes, scrub jays and more in this video!
See more adventure-filled Daytona Beach videos on our YouTube channel!
Find a Place to Stay