Eco-adventurers will find the Daytona Beach area rich in natural treasures! Whether it be by land or by sea, your next ecotourism excursion is just around the bend.
- Join environmental specialists at the Lyonia Environmental Center every Monday and Friday at 9 a.m. for a "Guided Scrub Stroll" through Lyonia Preserve.
- Ponce Preserve has been added to the Eastern section of the Great Florida Birding Trail and is an excellent site for bird watching.
- Other popular birding spots include: Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge, Hontoon Island State Park,Tomoka State Park and Boardman Pond along the Ormond Scenic Loop and Trail.
- Frank Rendon Park is famous for a variety of shore birds during peak migratory season.
- The Halifax Audubon Society has named 14 locales to its list of Greater Daytona Beach Area Birding Hot Spots.