We'd like to hear from you! Please take this short survey (less than 5 minutes) and let us know which Daytona Beach area attractions, outdoor fun, and food and drink establishments you enjoyed most during your Daytona Beach area vacation. To thank you for participating, you will be registered to win a $100 Amazon gift card.
Watch video: Savvy golfers love Daytona Beach, one of Florida’s best and most value-laden destinations.
Where do you want to go on your next golf trip?
The easy, and increasingly popular, answer is Daytona Beach.
If you haven’t previously considered taking a golf trip to the World’s Most Famous Beach, here five reasons you need to go:
1. The Daytona Beach area is home to more than 20 golf courses that range from the exclusivity of Oceanside Country Club to LPGA International and two Donald Ross-designed gems. Throw in easy access to layouts like TPC Sawgrass and Bay Hill Country Club, both host PGA Tour events, and it’s easy to see why group leaders are flocking to Daytona Beach.
2. Daytona Beach’s weather is idyllic during the peak months for golf travel. When our friends in the northeast, midwest and even parts of the south are battling cabin fever during the winter months, here are the average high temperatures, by month, during “golf season” in Daytona Beach:
January: 68 degrees F
February: 70 degrees F
March:74 degrees F
April: 80 degrees F
May: 84 degrees F
The same is true during the peak fall season with average high temperatures of 83 in October and 76 in November. What more incentive do you need?
3. Daytona Beach offers golfers the chance to follow in the footsteps of the game’s legends. Some of the greatest players in women’s golf history, including Annika Sorenstam and Karrie Webb, have played play both courses at LPGA International, and Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson and Sam Snead have tested themselves at Daytona Beach Golf Club’s South Course. Daytona Beach was the birthplace of stock car racing, but don’t forget, people were playing golf here long before they were racing cars.
4. Given the number of courses and hotel properties that cater to golfers, Daytona Beach offers tremendous value to golf groups. Tee times and accommodations are bundled to maximize savings and golfers are the winners. Whether a group wants to play some of the best courses in Central Florida or they are as interested in a good time off the course as they are on it, Daytona Beach has a package for everyone.
5. Speaking of fun off the course, the good times are only just beginning when the final putt drops in Daytona Beach. There is the obvious appeal of the World’s Most Famous Beach, and Daytona Beach’s famed nightlife is also a draw for many golf groups. The one thing everyone has to do is eat, and fresh, locally caught seafood is on the menu everywhere in the Daytona Beach area. Put another way: if you can’t have a good time off the course in Daytona Beach, you aren’t trying.
Enjoy a look at everything Daytona Beach has to offer and start planning your next golf trip! Download our free golf guide.