Daytona Beach Area Off Course Activities
Video: Explore the beach!
Greet the sunrise! Run or stroll on the World Most Famous beach and prepare for an amazing day of discoveries. Bikes, umbrellas, chairs and more may be rented from vendors on the beach. You may drive your car on the beach – in designated areas – for a $20 per vehicle per day access fee. For beach information go to Volusia.org.
Need for Speed
Video: Get revved up and tour Daytona International Speedway!
A tour of Daytona International Speedway – the World Center of Racing – includes the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America. For the ultimate thrill ride, get in the front seat of a real race car for a ride-along at the NASCAR Driving Experience on the 2.5 mile banked track at the world’s only motorsports stadium.
Video: Savor local flavors along the Daytona Beach Ale Trail
Are you looking to add some exceptional craft beer or artisan spirits to your travel itinerary? Experience one (or two!) of the more than 15 local breweries on the Daytona Beach Ale Trail. The craft beer offerings are diverse; some serve delicious tapas and meals, and others encourage you to visit neighboring eateries and bring your favorite dishes in, picnic-style. You might also find a food truck or two parked nearby and ready to serve up a wonderful pairing.
Video: Experience dining in Daytona Beach!
Whether you're craving grass-fed filet mignon, seafood lasagna, Asian fusion fare, the local catch or just a good old American cheeseburger, Daytona Beach has you and your taste buds covered.
- Try the Dancing Avocado Kitchen in historic downtown Daytona Beach “where herbivore and carnivore eat together in harmony”.
- Crabby Joe’s is uniquely perched atop Sunglow Pier in Daytona Beach Shores provides a scenic breakfast – and perhaps some dolphins and surfers. Enjoy the tiny-but-fun gift shop and gorgeous photo ops.
- Enjoy upscale Italian cuisine with a fine dining atmosphere at The Cellar Restaurant in downtown Daytona Beach. This award-winning restaurant is located in the basement of the former seasonal home of President Warren G. Harding. The house was built in 1907 by Harding’s father-in-law Amos H. Kling and is now on the National Historic Registry.
- Valet park and start with drinks with a tropical vibe at the Kona Tiki Bar and/or stroll next door to Rosa Villa Southern Table (shrimp and grits!) or 31 Supper Club (piano lounge/fine dining). Or reverse it and have an artisanal cocktail at 31 Supper Club and a more casual dinner at Kona. A VERY casual option (the freshest seafood around) and also within walking distance is Hull’s Seafood Market and Restaurant.
- Hungry? Voted one of Florida’s “Top 10 Beach Bars” for the last seven years in a row, Racing’s North Turn on A1A is an oceanfront eatery positioned on the actual north turn of racing’s famous beach-land course, popular for its fresh seafood and the NASCAR drivers who love to visit.
- Enjoy a sunset drink and waterfront dining at the River Grille on the Tomoka River.
Easy Outdoor Adventure
Video: Climb Florida's tallest lighthouse!
Visitors come year-round to swim in our sparkling waters and scuba dive at our offshore reefs -- but there are so many other great outdoor experiences just waiting for you!
- Climb the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse & Museum, with 203 steps from top to bottom. The views are nothing short of amazing! Or, stay at ground-level and marvel at the original Fresnel lens, a short film on the area, and historical period treasures.
- Touch stingrays – or don’t! – at the Marine Science Center just a few blocks away from the Lighthouse, which details the area’s rich eco-systems and serves as the area’s only hospital for sea turtles and sea birds. It even houses a friendly octopus and her favorite toys.
- Enjoy an Eco-History Pontoon Boat ride at Cracker Creek where they also offer kayak and canoe rentals on beautiful Spruce Creek.
Video: Discover delightful new shopping outlets!
Tanger Outlets in Daytona Beach has more than 75 of the most popular brand name and designer outlet stores. Volusia Mall completed a $5 million upgrade, providing shoppers with an even more inviting experience – and the area’s five thriving downtown areas, including Riverfront Shops in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, DeLand and New Smyrna Beach continue to add eclectic, new boutiques and eateries. ONE DAYTONA, a new premier retail, dining and entertainment destination is located directly across from Daytona International Speedway. For more shopping, click here.
Video: Cheer on the home team!
Video: Dive into local history and the art scene!
Explore the Southeast Museum of Photography, one of the few museums in the nation dedicated to the art of photography. See the Cici & Hyatt Brown Museum of Art which features the largest private collection of art depicting Florida, and the Smithsonian-affiliated Museum of Arts & Sciences next door.
For more ideas check out the “Top 10 Reasons to Visit Daytona Beach”. Enjoy a look at everything Daytona Beach has to offer and start planning your next golf trip! Download our free official visitors guide, golf guide or sign up for our e-newsletter.
Click here to view
our Golf Guide