A must-see collection of African-American cultural and historical sites in Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach and West Volusia
Discover the heritage of the Daytona Beach area's earliest African-American settlers and civil rights advocates. Bethune-Cookman University is awe-inspiring and reflects the dedication of its founder, Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune. Reflect on her accomplishments while touring her home and gravesite. Discover even more history by visiting the childhood home of Dr. Howard Thurman or the collections at two outstanding museums of art and heritage.
Download the Share the Heritage guide today!
- African-American Museum of Arts
- Black Heritage Museum
- Bethune-Cookman University
- Mary McLeod Bethune Home & Gravesite Tour
- Mary McLeod Bethune Performing Arts Center
- Freemanville Historic Site
- Museum of Arts & Sciences
- Jackie Robinson Ballpark & Museum (Daytona Tortugas’ baseball season April-early Sept.)
- Yvonne Scarlett Golden Cultural & Educational Center
- Howard Thurman Home
Discover even more Daytona Beach travel itineraries to share with friends and family! Enjoy a look at everything Daytona Beach has to offer and start planning your next trip! Download our free official visitors guide, sign up for our eNewsletter and create your own itineraries using My Trip Planner!
Watch video: visit the home of awe-inspiring Mary McLeod Bethune.