Video: visit the home of awe-inspirng Mary McLeod Bethune.
A must-see collection of African-American cultural and historical sites in Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach and West Volusia
Discover the heritage of the Daytona Beach area's earliest African-American settlers and civil rights advocates. Bethune-Cookman University is awe-inspiring and reflects the dedication of its founder, Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune. Reflect on her accomplishments while touring her home and gravesite. Discover even more history by visiting the childhood home of Dr. Howard Thurman or the collections at two outstanding museums of art and heritage.
Download the Share the Heritage guide today!
Ideas for first timers and repeat visitors:
- African-American Museum of Arts
- Black Heritage Museum
- Bethune-Cookman University
- Mary McLeod Bethune Home & Gravesite Tour
- Mary McLeod Bethune Performing Arts Center
- Freemanville Historic Site
- Museum of Arts & Sciences
- Jackie Robinson Ballpark & Museum (Daytona Tortugas’ season April-early Sept.)
- Yvonne Scarlett Golden Cultural & Educational Center
- Howard Thurman Home