Independence Day is cause for celebration throughout the U.S., and of course, there are few better places nationwide to celebrate America’s birthday than at the beach. This Fourth of July weekend in Daytona Beach, there’s a long list of festive events on tap where you and your patriotic crew can let your red, white and blue spirits fly high.
If you’re looking for a special place to celebrate your Fourth of July weekend, consider these five fun highlights (which represent just a few standouts among the many area events planned) on tap July 1-4 in Daytona Beach:
1. 4th of July Veterans Parade on Main Street — Enjoy the third annual Fourth of July Veterans Parade, beginning at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 4, on Main Street in Daytona Beach. The parade’s lineup will feature local military organizations, as well as combat veterans, and the city’s police and fire departments. The parade will begin on Main Street at Atlantic Avenue and travel west on Main Street to the base of the Main Street Bridge. The public can view the parade from the sidewalks along Main Street.
In addition to the parade, there will be a special July 4th Veterans Ceremony beginning at 9 a.m. by the Clock Tower between the Boardwalk and the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort at 100 N. Atlantic Ave. that will be presented by the Volusia Veterans and sponsored by the city.
2. Never Stop Believin' (a Journey tribute band) — Never Stop Believin' will perform a Journey tribute on Saturday, July 1, part of the Star Spangled Summer Concert Series, an annual free summer concert series that takes place on Saturday nights at the world’s most famous beach’s historic Daytona Beach Bandshell. Located on the North end of the Daytona Beach Boardwalk, the concerts are an experience both locals and visitors alike look forward to every summer. Concert begins at 7:15 p.m. and fireworks over the ocean follow at 9:45 p.m.
3. Alter Eagles (an Eagles tribute band) — Having spent more than a decade dazzling audiences nationwide with their tribute to the all-time best-selling band in North America, The Alter Eagles have honed their skills playing full Eagles sets over the course of more than 1,000 live shows. And during a special July 4 show on Tuesday night at 7:15 p.m. at the Daytona Beach Bandshell, they’ll Take It To the Limit one more time — this time for America’s birthday on the Daytona Beach oceanfront. As an explosive bonus, a Fourth of July fireworks show will follow the performance.
LIVE LIFE IN THE FAST LANE
4. Daytona Tortugas baseball — Taking in America’s pastime is a great way to celebrate America’s birthday, and Daytona Beach can definitely accommodate. With the Bradenton Marauders visiting town on Tuesday, July 4, holiday revelers can take in a great ballgame, buy some peanuts and Cracker Jack, and maybe even enjoy a favorite cold beverage or two to cool things off. And to mark the occasion in a couple more all-American ways, the hometown Daytona Tortugas will wear special patriotic uniforms for the showdown, and fireworks will light up the skies over Jackie Robinson Ballpark after the final out is in the books.
5. Fireworks — Fireworks and the Fourth of July go hand in hand, and in Daytona Beach, the night skies over the coastline certainly won’t disappoint. In addition to aforementioned Independence Day fireworks shows at the Daytona Beach Bandshell and the Daytona Tortugas game, the area will host even more pyrotechnics displays throughout the community.
Ready to start planning your patriotic fun for the Fourth of July weekend in Daytona Beach? Check out all the great accommodations available in the area now, and start planning your amazing holiday weekend beach getaway today! We’ll be looking forward to seeing you and your red, white and blue crew in Daytona Beach soon!