They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day — and this might ring even more true on vacation in Daytona Beach, when a little extra fuel can help vacationers power through even more fun activities and attractions during their getaways.
Fortunately for visitors to Daytona Beach, the area offers an impressive lineup of great spots to grab an early morning bite to eat. (Additionally, for those who like to sleep in a bit during their getaways, the Daytona Beach area is also home to plenty of restaurants serving delicious brunches well beyond the typical breakfast hours.)
So, when you and your hungry vacation crew are ready to start the day in Daytona Beach with a delicious breakfast or brunch, check out one of these 14 area eateries that shine especially bright when it comes to serving up the first meal of the day:
- LuLu’s Oceanside Grill — This Ormond Beach eatery offers a Sunday brunch menu loaded with tasty offerings like shrimp and grits, steak and eggs, and biscuits and gravy. It also cooks up a full lineup of tempting omelette options such as the Greek Omelette and the Western Omelette.
- Kona Tiki Bar — Voted a favorite for its brunch and Bloody Marys, this Ormond Beach establishment serves a Sunday brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Bottomless mimosas and a Bloody Mary bar add to the appeal).
- Buc-ee’s — The breakfast options at this Texas-sized gas station/travel center in Daytona Beach include breakfast tacos, cinnamon rolls, and an entire bakery section devoted to a variety of sweet and savory kolaches.
- The Beach Bucket Bar and Grill — This local’s favorite in Ormond Beach serves up a selection of breakfast options that includes omelets (including the house specialty Seafood Omelet stuffed with sweet blue crab meat and shrimp), Benedicts, French toast and more.
- The Shores Resort & Spa — This Daytona Beach Shores resort serves up breakfast with an ocean view. Top early morning options here include the Gourmet Scramble, the Breakfast Handheld, buttermilk pancakes and French toast.
- Sessions at the Hard Rock Hotel — At the Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach’s in-house restaurant Sessions, delicious meals are served with a side of panoramic ocean views. The establishment’s daily breakfast menu offers breakfast bowls, Benedicts, breakfast sandwiches and other morning-meal favorites. And on Saturdays and Sundays, the restaurant offers an expanded brunch menu (including a brunch buffet) accompanied by music on the oceanfront.
- Cracked Egg Diner — This Daytona Beach Shores diner may be well-known for its homemade apple fritters and wide variety of eggs Benedict offerings — but its breakfast menu is filled with a range of other tasty offerings including omelets, scrambles, pancakes, waffles and more.
- Mama Foo Foo — A Daytona Beach restaurant that’s popular throughout the week for its nightlife, Mama Foo Foo broadens its horizons Sundays with a full brunch menu. Its smaller brunch plates include dishes like Oatmeal, Yogurt & Granola, and Smoked Salmon Toast, while its larger brunch plates include highlights like Croque Mama Foo, Rum French Toast and Eggs Your Way.
- Sweet Marlays’ — Located on South Beach Street in Daytona Beach, this coffee house serves up an array of baked goods to accompany its espressos, cappuccinos and lattes. The made-from-scratch options include fruit pockets, turnovers, muffins, scones and breakfast sandwiches.
- Donnie’s Donuts — This New Smyrna Beach donut shop serves up fresh donuts and coffee seven days a week. Some of the locals’ favorite donut flavors include Death by Chocolate, the Fruity Pebble and Apple Pie, and they can all be customized with drizzles and toppings. (Donnie’s has locations at ONE DAYTONA and in Ormond Beach - We should include.)
- Red Bud Cafe — Found in Daytona Beach, this café offers delicacies from around the world, and its wide variety of sweet and savory crepes are a great way to start the day.
- Peach Valley Cafe — This café with locations in Ormond Beach and Port Orange serves up a long list of breakfast favorites, with highlights including fritters, skillets, pancakes, waffles and Benedicts.
- Flapjack Johnny’s — Comfort foods are the focus at this Ormond Beach restaurant, with highlights on the breakfast menu including Benedicts, omelets, pancakes, French toast and breakfast bowls.
- Rosie’s Café — Found inside the Dunn’s Attic consignment shop in Ormond Beach, this eatery’s homemade breakfast offerings include cinnamon rolls, bagels, omelets, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes and more.
Ready to start planning your flavorful getaway to Daytona Beach? Check out the great accommodations available in the area now, and start planning your amazing beach vacation today. We look forward to seeing you and your hungry crew in Daytona Beach soon!