Top 10 Reasons to Visit Daytona Beach
1. 'World Center of Racing' There are plenty of things to be proud of and fueling the need for speed is an accomplishment we don’t mind bragging about. Legends of the sport began racing on our beaches in the early 1900’s and they continue racing towards championships today at Daytona International Speedway. Race fans are rejoicing over a $400 million overhaul that created a world-class facility with premium amenities and unparalleled conveniences and experiences.The mecca of motorsports is the world's first motorsports stadium and is also home to a family-fun attraction, the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America.
For DAYTONA 500 tickets, visit DaytonaInternationalSpeedway.com.
See more adventure-filled Daytona Beach videos on our YouTube channel!
2. Festival Capital of Florida One big thing that makes Daytona Beach stand out is our flair for festivals. Daytona Beach takes claim to the title of Festival Capital of Florida for good reason with festivals and events taking place here year round.
Make the pilgrimage for one of our large legendary events like BikeWeek and Biketoberfest®, Daytona Blues Festival, Halifax Art Festival, or Turkey Run. During Speedweeks is also a great time to visit several of the 60 smaller cultural festivals put on throughout the year. Festivals are constantly being added to the line-up, so please visit FestivalCapitalofFlorida.com for the most up-to-date information.
In the summer, weekly live entertainment fills the historic Daytona Bandshell as their Summer Concert Series entertains with fireworks on Saturday evenings. And celebrating Independence Day Weekend is always popular with the fan favorites Coke Zero 400.
3. Rich History Daytona Beach is full of history beginning with our native ancestors the Timucuan Indians, Spanish and French settlements, sugar mill plantations and the man who put Florida on the map as a tourist destination, Henry Flagler. Today, you can learn about and even see our humble beginnings in some of our parks, preserves and historic sites. Take a walk through history while you tour Rockefeller’s Ormond Beach home, The Casements, or visit the ruins of old sugar mill plantations at Bulow Creek State Park, Sugarmill Botanical Gardens, Sugarmill Ruins or DeLeon Springs State Park.
Revel in Daytona Beach art and culture in this “Blast from the Past” video!
Discover more! Click here to see more Daytona Beach Arts & Culture videos on our YouTube Channel.
4. Ponce Inlet This southern part of our beach destination is full of activities and dining options for all to enjoy. More than just an inlet, this area is home to the tallest lighthouse in Florida, the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and Museum. Open for tours, the lighthouse also hosts special events throughout the year. While you’re here, learn about the wonders of sea life at the Marine Science Center or go for an aquatic adventure with Ponce Inlet Watersports.
This video features Florida's tallest lighthouse, Ponce Inlet Lighthouse - 175 feet of fun in the Florida sun!
5. Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier There’s something nostalgic about a boardwalk beach experience. The boardwalk and pier is focused on two important parts of every vacation – fun and food. Take snack time to the next level at the Main Street Pier – enjoy lunch with a view from Joe’s Crab Shack located towards the end of the pier directly over the Atlantic. Not in the mood for seafood? Don’t worry. They have a pizza place, ice-cream shop and a roof top bar called The Roof where you can indulge in tropical drinks and a picture worthy view of Daytona Beach.
6. "Original American Beach" A beach trip isn’t complete without one day or five spent at the beach. Choose your place in the sand along 23 miles of beach featuring easy access points for driving on in select areas or parking nearby. And check out the many beachfront splash parks, beach volleyball courses and jungle gyms for fun along the shoreline. Take a drive on the beach or bring a bicycle for a truly enjoyable ride in the sand. Not all of your fun will happen on dry land. There are plenty of adventures to be had in the Atlantic from paddle boarding and surfing to kayaking and parasailing.
7. Thrill Rides Visitors can choose from a surprising list of attractions including a race around Daytona International Speedway with the NASCAR Racing Experience. Explore a dozen water rides at Daytona Lagoon or enjoy the calm thrill of up-close encounters with marine life while paddle boarding in the Halifax River.
8. Golfing Visitors can soften their spikes at several Daytona Beach area courses popular with pros, experienced players and those still learning the links. Boasting two, four-star courses as rated by Golf Digest, LPGA International leads the pack. DaytonaBeach.Golf is your source for a golf package that fits your budget. Here’s hoping the greens are kind…
Enjoy this video that features the "Tee to Green Perfection" of golfing in Daytona Beach!
9. Scenic Cruising Opportunities - Cruising is a tradition in Daytona Beach. Whether you’re cruising down Atlantic Avenue in your vehicle or taking in the sights on your Harley, you’re sure to log some miles taking in all that the Daytona Beach area has to offer. Motorcyclists come from all over the world to ride our streets and our most celebrated stretch of road – the Ormond Scenic Loop or as the locals call it, 'The Loop'. At just over 30 miles long, 'The Loop' has the most diverse natural scenery remaining in northeast Florida with unobstructed views of two rivers, creeks, marshes, beach and the pristine hardwood hammock forest that canopies the road.
10. Spectacular Accommodations You’re sure to find the perfect place in Daytona Beach to rest your head after a day of fun in the sun. We have a little bit of everything with a myriad of beachfront and mainland accommodations varying from trusted name brand resorts and hotels to quaint, independently-owned small inns and B&Bs. Those who like to be at one with nature have camping options that range from sleeping under the stars in a pop-up tent to lounging in the comforts of their RV or camper at any one of our campgrounds. No matter your pleasure, Daytona Beach accommodations meet all lifestyles and budgets.