Word is out that the Daytona Beach area now has an impressive collection of hiking and biking trails in naturally beautiful rural areas - and of course, the hard-packed sand beach of the “World’s Most Favorite Beach” on the Atlantic shoreline offers a walkable trail with plenty of beachfront parks, pubs, tiki bars and restaurants.
Want a More Urban Vibe with a View of the River?
The area boasts plenty of great urban trails that offer views and amenities worth exploring.
One of the favorites is located along the western shore of the Halifax River (Intracoastal Waterway.) The Beach Street Trail offers urban hikers a pedestrian walkway that stretches more than 10 miles, from Halifax Harbor Marina and City Island Park north to Tomoka State Park. You’ll see manatees, dolphins, seabirds and more, and you’ll find lots of parking options along the route – including Bailey Riverbridge Gardens, Cassen Park, Ames Park and Riviera Park in Ormond Beach, and Sunrise Park in Holly Hill.
Take a Breather – and Shop!
While enjoying a vigorous stroll on the Beach Street Trail, you can peruse the downtown districts of Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach, offering coffee shops, gourmet food shops, restaurants, pubs, breweries, galleries, boutiques and more. At the far northern end of the trail, you can replenish body and soul at Tomoka Outpost in Tomoka State Park, which has refreshing snacks and drinks, kayak and canoe rentals, souvenirs and more.
Ready to venture out?
Let’s get started! Try out one of our locals’ favorite legs, or come up with some of your own:
- Park at the Ormond Beach Library or Cassen Park* at the Granada Bridge and walk:
- North to Tomoka State Park* in Ormond Beach (4.2 miles one way)
- South to Sunrise Park* in Holly Hill (2.8 miles one way)
- Continue south to City Island Library* and downtown Daytona Beach (5.8 miles total one way)
- Park at Sunrise Park* in Holly Hill and walk:
- North to Cassen Park* and downtown Ormond Beach (2.8 miles one way)
- South to downtown Daytona Beach (3.0 miles one way)
- Continue south to Halifax Harbor Marina* (3.7 miles total, one way)
*Water fountains, public restrooms and parking available