At least on occasion (and even outside the holiday season), we all seem to face the same gift-giving predicament — just what do you get for that loved one who seems to have everything and want for nothing?
Well, fortunately for the travel lovers on your list, the Daytona Beach area offers an array of fun options, ranging from area accommodations to a wide variety of local activities and events. Consider these Daytona Beach-related gifts that are sure to be a hit when the lucky recipient unwraps them:
- Surf lessons: With frequent swells and waves that are generally approachable in size — a perfect mix for the beginning surfer — the Daytona Beach area is an ideal place to learn how to catch a wave. In fact, Southern Living magazine has ranked Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach among Florida’s top surf spots. In addition, the area is home to a long list of surf shops and surfing instructors who are always stoked to teach newcomers how to hang ten — and most are more than willing to provide gift certificates for their services.
- Race tickets: Known by car enthusiasts far and wide as “the World Center of Racing,” Daytona International Speedway is one of the best-known racetracks on the planet. And even if your visit doesn’t coincide with one of the venue’s regular racing events — for which tickets are sure to get your gift recipient’s engines revving — you can always treat your beloved racing fan to a track tour or even some high-speed laps around the track.
- Golf packages: With weather that supports year-round golf outings, plus a collection of nearly 20 world-class golf courses, the Daytona Beach area is a great place for the links lovers on your list to tee up and play a round or two. In fact, according to Golf Digest, Daytona Beach is one of the top 15 places in the nation to enjoy the sport. So, when you wrap up that Daytona Beach golf package for your loved one, you can count on it being a hole-in-one hit.
- Spa visits: Nothing says relaxation quite like a day spent kicking back in the seaside sands and listening to the crashing ocean waves — but working a spa day into your beach vacation can definitely kick the rejuvenation up a notch. And at the range of Daytona Beach area spas, the gift certificates on tap are a great gift for anyone on your list who could use some pampering and calming vibes.
- Shopping sprees: Of course, most vacationers enjoy treating themselves to a splurge or two when they’re on their getaways, and the Daytona Beach area’s array of shopping destinations makes it easy to get your souvenir search in. Some of the area’s top retail venues – ONE DAYTONA, the Ocean Walk Shoppes, Tanger Outlets, and Volusia Mall — and downtown historic districts – in Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach – are filled with establishments that happily provide gift certificates for their unique wares.
- Kayaking excursions: Beyond the obvious lure of the Atlantic Ocean, water lovers are also drawn to the Daytona Beach area’s many pristine inland waterways, including rivers, lakes, creeks, marshes and more. And for a peaceful outing on the waters — plus a great chance to see an abundance of aquatic wildlife up close — there’s no better way to take it all in than by paddle power in a canoe or kayak. The area boasts an abundance of canoe and kayak outfitters, many offering gift certificates for those looking to surprise their loved ones.
- Fishing trips: Of course, another popular way to enjoy the area’s waters is to wet a line, and the Daytona Beach area has no shortage of fishing charters and guides who are more than willing to share their expertise (and their boats) for a fee. When it comes to gifts, you can rest assured that a gift certificate for a fishing trip is a great catch for any anglers on your list.
- Museum visits: For fans of art, science, history, and other cultural attractions, a trip to the museum is a great way to spend time on a vacation — and the Daytona Beach area’s collection of museums and galleries definitely won’t disappoint. Consider gifting tickets or even a membership to the culture lovers on your gift list.
- Hotel stays: Of course, the best way to enjoy all of the great gifts mentioned above is to enjoy them while staying in your favorite area accommodations. And with the wide selection of lodging options available in the Daytona Beach area — ranging from oceanfront cottages and boutique inns to amenity-loaded resorts, luxury hotels and more, you’re sure to find just the right setting for making the most of your Daytona Beach vacation.
Ready to treat yourself and your family to the sure-to-satisfy gift of a Daytona Beach vacation? Start planning your coastal getaway today! We’ll be looking forward to seeing you and your vacation crew soon for some Wide. Open. Fun.