The First Congregational Church of Seabreeze, the first church on the peninsula of the Halifax Area, was established on September 25, 1904. The building was a New England style white clapboard building at the corner of Peninsula drive and Glenview Avenue. By 1913 attendance had grown to the seating capacity of the little church and worshipers were from all denominations. It was referred to as the "Tourist Church," and in 1928 the name was officially changed.
In 1929, a new sanctuary of old mission style architecture was built at the present site at the corner of Oak Ridge and Wild Olive Ave. For more history, visit the website.