DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. –
From endless activities to calm, quiet days spent sunbathing and beachcombing, visitors are finding just what they’re looking for in a Florida vacation along the 23 miles of world-famous iconic shores of Daytona Beach. With area investments in progress and more hotel, attraction, dining and shopping options than ever, now is the perfect time to (re)experience all that Daytona Beach has to offer, including these new developments:
- New Airlift – In addition to nonstop flights from Atlanta (Delta) and Charlotte (American Airlines) year-round, the area offers seasonal nonstop service between Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) and Philadelphia (PHL), Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW) and Washington, D.C. (DCA) via American Airlines.
- World-Class Pickleball Complex – Pictona, a premier pickleball facility, opened in 2020 with 24 courts – 8 of them covered with “skybox” viewing – restaurant, clubhouse and more. The facility, which currently hosts national and international competitions, is expanding to double the number of courts to 48 (16 of them covered) and add a championship 1200-seat stadium and a 10,000 square foot clubhouse. When the $5 million project is complete, Pictona will be the largest pickleball facility on the east coast of Florida.
- Cars, Craft and Culture – The Ultimate Daytona Beach Trail Guide takes visitors off the beaten path to explore history, experience culture, and see some of the most iconic (an Instagram-worthy) locations in the area. The Mural Trail is the newest addition to the Guide and features a growing list of outdoor street art.
- Welcome to Rockville – This nationally-known, iconic 4-day rock music festival is ready to roll with an all-star line-up, at Daytona International Speedway May 19-22, 2022 with huge line-up that includes headliners Kiss, Korn, Guns & Roses and Foo Fighters.
- 60th Rolex 24 At DAYTONA Weekend – This historic sportscar racing event that draws international drivers and fans, is set for Jan. 27-30, 2022. The Taste of Daytona offers an inclusive racing and dining event experience.
- Buc-ee’s – A Texas-size favorite, this “World’s Largest Gas Station” also offers a 50,000 square foot retail store with a fascinating mix of tasty food, unique merchandise, clothing, souvenirs and so much more.
- State-of-the Art Indoor Karting – Speedway Indoor Karting (SIK) opened in Daytona Beach and its state-of-the-art electric powered karts give guests of all ages and skill levels a full racing experience on the 16-turn road course with multiple elevation changes and a slick tri-oval.
- New Eateries - The area’s offerings are constantly expanding. New to the list: Mama Foo Foo, located at the picturesque Halifax Harbor Marina in downtown Daytona Beach, offers uber-cool décor, unique tapas and drinks, and a can’t-be-beat view of sailboats and playful dolphins! Also downtown is Little Italy’s Ristorante. At popular Bellair Plaza, Big Tuna’s Beach Bar & Grill has everything from fresh seafood and signature drinks to tasty burgers and fries. And Fugu Sushi Bar provides upscale décor, Intracoastal Waterway views and a delightful array of options in downtown Ormond Beach.
- Riverfront Esplanade - The park that runs the length of historic downtown Daytona Beach is being transformed. When fully complete in 2023, the Riverfront Esplanade will extend a mile along the Halifax River and include a promenade along the water's edge, running and walking trails, and landscaping designed to encourage relaxation and reflection including water features, shade trees and raised botanical gardens.
New Accommodations and Stunning Renovations
The 12-story Max Beach Resort in Daytona Beach is scheduled to open in Spring 2022 with 72 condo-style suites featuring one-, two-, and three-bedroom options (all with private baths), a fully equipped kitchen and a private outdoor living space. The oceanfront property will combine the best that a short-term rental has to offer with the amenities of an elevated resort hotel including full-service dining, oceanfront pool with private cabanas, sky-level training center and lifestyle lounge, and a ground-level hospitality suite and deck.
The Daytona Beach area continues to reinvent itself. The destination boasts nearly 200 accommodations (and 12,000 rooms) for all lifestyles and budgets, ranging from 4-star resorts and hotels to B&Bs and campgrounds, vacation homes, and everything in between. What’s New? The 27-floor, 456-room Daytona Grande, a new oceanfront luxury resort, opened a number of rooms in 2021 with a full opening planned for later this year. Located at 422 North Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach, the property is one-half mile north of the Ocean Center convention complex on AIA.
Exciting upscale arrivals to the destination include the 200-room Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach, a 4-star luxury oceanfront resort; and the 133-room oceanfront Delta by Marriott Daytona Beach. ONE DAYTONA, the world-class dining and entertainment complex across from the Daytona International Speedway, launched two new properties: the 105-room Fairfield Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport and The DAYTONA, an exclusive 4-Diamond 144-room Marriott Autograph Collection® hotel. The area’s largest property, the 744-room Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort completed a $25 million renovation; and the 44-room Streamline Hotel, a historic beachside art deco-style boutique property that once hosted the meeting that launched NASCAR, reopened after a multi-million- dollar renovation. And the 318-room Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center completed a $12 million renovation.
The 112-room Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Oceanfront and the 93-room Home2 Suites by Hilton Ormond Beach Oceanfront opened in 2020. The oceanfront Grand Seas Resort by Exploria celebrated its grand reopening. Other recent additions include the 107-room Home2 Suites by Hilton Daytona Speedway.
More Flavors than Ever!
The Daytona Beach area is bursting with flavors to savor! The area’s rich and growing dining options include everything from traditional ethnic eateries and high-end fare, to the vibrant social atmosphere along the ever-popular Daytona Beach Ale Trail. Enjoy our talented chefs’ grass-fed filet mignon, fresh seafood, Asian fusion fare, the local catch, fine dining, and even a good old American cheeseburger. The area also has lots of outdoor dining options, including gorgeous and relaxing views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Intracoastal Waterway, and other inland favorites.
Vacations and Shopping Just Go Together
In addition to ONE DAYTONA, the new shopping, dining and entertainment district across from Daytona International Speedway, explore all the unique markets and boutiques the Daytona Beach area has to offer! Tanger Outlets is an open-air center with 75 of the most popular national brand name and designer outlet stores. The Tomoka Town Center, across from Tanger Outlets, includes new retail and entertainment options including Dave & Busters. On International Speedway Boulevard the long-popular Volusia Mall provides an inviting indoor experience, and the Mediterranean-themed Trails Shopping Center offers a village stroll experience, with popular eateries, shops and more. The area’s thriving downtown districts – located in Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, New Smyrna Beach and DeLand – offer eclectic boutiques and eateries. And you can “find your fresh” with exceptional flea and farmers' markets, located throughout the area.
Cars, Craft and Culture – The Ultimate Daytona Beach Trail Guide
Visitors can go off the beaten path, explore our rich history and experience some of the most iconic (an Instagram-worthy) points of interest in the area with the new Cars, Craft and Culture – The Ultimate Daytona Beach Trail Guide. Interactive maps for each themed trail are available on DaytonaBeach.com including the Share The Heritage Trail, Monuments & Statues Trail, Iconic Trail, Motorsports Trail and the newest addition - the Mural Trail - to add to our already popular Hiking & Biking Trails and the Ale Trail. See the largest private collection of Florida oil and watercolor paintings in the world at the Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art, a 26,000-sf museum on the campus of the Smithsonian-affiliated Museum of Arts and Sciences. Explore the area’s rich history from Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, Florida’s tallest. Trace the footsteps of educator and civil rights activist Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune on a tour of her former home. Stop by the Halifax Historical Museum or historic Jackie Robinson Ballpark. Enjoy craft beer or artisan spirits at more than 20 microbreweries and distilleries.
‘World Center of Racing’ and Motorsports Hall of Fame of America
Following a $400 million “reimagining” the Daytona International Speedway was transformed into a state-of-the-art motorsports facility. Known as the ‘World Center of Racing,’ it features premium amenities and unparalleled conveniences. In addition to racing, the stadium hosts a growing number of events and shows, as well as unique meeting and convention space. Daytona International Speedway tours include a visit to the not-to-be-missed Motorsports Hall of Fame of America.
Go All Out at High-Speed Attractions
Speedway Indoor Karting offers state-of-the-art electric powered karts and gives guests a full racing experience on a 16-turn road course featuring multiple elevation changes and a slick tri-oval. Daytona Lagoon Premier Waterpark and Family Entertainment Center, just north of the pier area and steps from the beach, added a wavemaker Treasure Lagoon Wave Pool, arcade games, and two water slides: Kraken’s Revenge, a 54-foot-high, four-lane mat racer slide; and Shaka Halfpipe, a thrilling inner-tube experience that shoots riders backwards over a 50-foot drop. These new features, along with mini-golf, go-karts, the MEGA arcade, and Sky Maze indoor ropes course make this a favorite year-round family spot.
Daytona Beach offers visitors plenty of adventure that you won’t find at any other beach destination. If your need for speed is better served on the ground, get behind the wheel of an actual race car with NASCAR Racing Experience and take laps around the world famous 2.5-mile Daytona International Speedway. Take in the sights of the Daytona Beach area and see nature as it happens, all while experiencing the thrill of Daytona Speedboat Adventures. Take your vacation to new heights with Daytona Parasailing. Have a heart pounding, adrenaline pumping experience on the thrill rides at Screamer’s Park, located just south of the Daytona Beach Pier. You can test your trampoline skills at Hangar 15 Extreme Air Sports, or glide through a treetop tour with Daytona Beach Zipline Adventure.
Tee up a Perfect Golf Getaway
Ranked in the Top 15 places to play golf in the U.S., Daytona Beach is a rising golf destination for the serious player and weekend warrior. With year-round affordable greens fees, visitors can choose to play where the pros do – LPGA International, home course of the LPGA and Symetra tours – or on more than 20 other area courses. More information is available at DaytonaBeach.Golf.
Explore All of Central Florida from Daytona Beach
Direct flights, hundreds of connecting flights, and interstate access (I-95 and I-4) make getting to Daytona Beach easy and convenient. Non-stop flights to Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) are available from Atlanta (Delta), Charlotte (American Airlines), and seasonally from Philadelphia, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Washington, D.C. (American Airlines). While fully exploring the area could easily take weeks, many visitors find that staying in Daytona Beach provides the perfect jumping off point for twin center visits and daytrips to nearby Kennedy Space Center, Orlando and St. Augustine, all about an hour’s drive away.
What to Know about the Daytona Beach Area
Whether visitors choose thrilling activities or embrace the tranquility of days spent on 23 miles of world-famous white-sand beaches, they’ve weighed in with outstanding reviews. The Daytona Beach area ranked #1 in Travel Channel’s “Top 10 Attractions in Florida” and was named a Tripadvisor Best Weekend Getaway in Northeast Florida. TripAdvisor also named Daytona Beach to its “10 Most Affordable Beach Vacations on Florida’s East Coast” and Tripadvisor travelers named Ormond Beach, the northernmost Daytona Beach area beach, one of the “Top 25 Beaches in the U.S.” Visitors can enjoy experiences beyond the beach by choosing from a surprising list of outdoor adventures, family-friendly attractions, arts and cultural venues and an eclectic culinary scene.
To receive a complimentary Daytona Beach Vacation Guide, find a place to stay, or book your next adventure, visit DaytonaBeach.com. #LoveDaytonaBeach.