MOMENTUM CONTINUES IN 2020 FOR DAYTONA BEACH HOTELS
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – (July 29, 2020) – With Daytona Beach area investments of more than $2 billion in progress, including a $400 million transformation at Daytona International Speedway completed in 2016, it’s a momentous time at the World’s Most Famous Beach. Here’s a snapshot chronicling what’s new with Daytona Beach area hotels:
- Renovations are in full swing on what will reopen later this year as the Rushh Daytona Beach, a Tapestry by Hilton hotel, at 2323 S. Atlantic Ave. in Daytona Beach
- In January, the Comfort Inn & Suites Daytona Beach Oceanfront opened just south of the Main Street Pier on the site of the former Mayan Inn with 112 rooms, including 14 full efficiency suites. The renovated Sandals Inn (formerly The Roomba Inn) opened in the Boardwalk and Pier area
- In February, the 174-room Grand Seas Resort by Exploria celebrated its grand reopening and Home2Suites by Hilton Ormond Beach Oceanfront opened with 93 suites that offer fully accessorized kitchens and either a full or partial ocean view balcony. The property is pet-friendly.
- The landmark Plaza Resort & Spa completed a multi-million dollar renovation
- The DAYTONA, an exclusive 144-room Marriott Autograph Collection® hotel, opened in April 2019 at ONE DAYTONA, across from Daytona International Speedway; Fairfield Inn & Suites, also in ONE DAYTONA, opened in 2017
- The 318-room Daytona Beach Resort & Conference Center reopened in 2019 after a $12 million renovation
- The Shores Resort & Spa completed its multi-million dollar renovation, including all 212 rooms, in 2019
- The 107-room Home2 Suites by Hilton Daytona Beach Speedway, opened in December 2018
- Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach, a $40+ million oceanfront renovated hotel opened in May 2018 as a new 4-star luxury resort with 200 rooms, ballroom, live music terraces, signature amenities and spa experiences
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Daytona Beach Oceanfront, a $7+ million oceanfront renovated hotel, opened in 2018 in Daytona Beach Shores with 133 rooms (all with private, oceanfront balconies), a pool and children’s splash park
- Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, the area’s largest resort with 744-rooms located along the Boardwalk and Pier and across from the Ocean Center convention complex, completed a $25 million renovation in 2017
- Streamline Hotel and Rooftop Bar, the story of the $6.5 million renovation in 2017 of this 44-room historic beachside art deco boutique property that once hosted the meeting that launched NASCAR inspired coverage on the Travel Channel
- Other additions: Foxtail Estates, a B&B and garden venue, Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Oceanfront, Hilton Garden Inn and the boutique Chateau Mar Beach Resort
More information about these and other accommodations in the Daytona Beach area is available at DaytonaBeach.com.
About the Daytona Beach Area
Experience endless adventures in the Daytona Beach area, a destination comprised of eight distinct communities offering visitors the perfect beach base camp to explore East Central Florida. Choose thrilling activities or embrace the tranquility of days spent on 23 miles of world-famous white-sand beaches. Daytona Beach’s famed heritage claims the headquarters of LPGA and NASCAR -- and is home to Daytona International Speedway, the ‘World Center of Racing.’ Recognized worldwide for a few annual events including Bike Week, Biketoberfest®, Rolex 24 At DAYTONA, DAYTONA 500 and Coke Zero Sugar 400 which moves from July to August 29 in 2020. With more than 12,000 rooms, the destination boasts accommodations for all lifestyles and budgets from 4-star resorts to hotels, B&Bs and everything in between. Ranked #1 in Travel Channel’s “Top 10 Attractions in Florida, and named a TripAdvisor Best Weekend Getaway in Northeast Florida, TripAdvisor also named Daytona Beach to its “10 Most Affordable Beach Vacations on Florida’s East Coast” and “25 Most Popular Summer Vacation Rental Spots in the US.” Visitors can enjoy experiences beyond the beach by choosing from a surprising list of outdoor adventures, family-friendly attractions, arts and cultural venues and an eclectic culinary scene. With expansive beaches ideal for strolling, swimming and surfing, it is no surprise Daytona Beach was chosen as a Best Florida Attraction and Best Spring Family Beach Break Destination in the Top 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel award contests sponsored by USA TODAY. Go to DaytonaBeach.com for more information. #LoveDaytonaBeach.