Calling all Florida Outdoor Writers and Photographers!
Daytona Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau Announces 2019 Florida Outdoor Travel Blogger Contest – Deadline to Enter August 15
(Daytona Beach, FL – June 13, 2019) -The Daytona Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is hosting the 2019 Florida Outdoor Writers Association (FOWA) conference in Daytona Beach, September 18-21. The CVB has launched a travel blogger contest for Florida outdoor writers, photographers and social media influencers who are non-FOWA members. The winner will be announced at the conference.
“We enjoy our partnership with Florida Outdoor Writers Association and are excited to be the conference host in 2019,” said Kate Holcomb, CVB director of communications. “Through this first ever contest, we’d like to help established and budding Florida outdoor writers, photographers and social media influencers to discover the benefits of the FOWA community and membership. Plus, we’re pretty excited to welcome the winner for a hosted media visit to Daytona Beach.”
Organizers estimate 90+ FOWA members will attend the four-day conference for digital marketing, social media and industry-related workshops. Conference goers will also experience a wide variety of Daytona Beach area outdoor adventures -from bass fishing in Lake Lloyd at Daytona International Speedway and paddleboard excursions to eco-boat tours of Ponce Inlet and an evening waterfront reception at Wilbur by the Sea Boathouse.
“Our organization was founded in 1946 and represents a thriving cross-section of journalists and photographers,” said FOWA Executive Director Butch Newell. “We’re excited about the exposure this contest will bring to our association and welcome both traditional and non-traditional media to enter.”
Blog Contest Details
- Contest entries will be judged by Jennifer Huber, founder of SoloTravelGirl.com, Diane Bedard, publisher
of NatureCoaster.com, and Kate Holcomb, Daytona Beach Area CVB director of communications
- There is no fee to enter; two submissions per entrant only
- Open to established and budding Florida outdoor writers, travel bloggers, photographers and
social media influencers who are not members of FOWA
- Blog must have a Florida outdoors theme and be a minimum of 500 words; photo essays and captions will be accepted
- Blogs and photo essays must be published between January 1, 2018 and August 1, 2019
- The prize package includes FOWA membership dues for one year. In addition, the winner will receive a complimentary two-night hosted media visit to Daytona Beach. A customized itinerary will be developed and any attractions and outdoor excursions will be covered. The winner will produce a blog about the hosted visit and will receive one guest blog post on DaytonaBeach.com that includes one paid Facebook boost. Black-out dates apply. Transportation is not included.
Details and an official entry form for the 2019 Florida Outdoor Travel Blogger Contest are available on DaytonaBeach.com. The deadline to enter is August 15 and entry forms will be shared with FOWA.
About the Florida Outdoor Writers Association
Chartered in 1946, FOWA is a not-for-prot 501(C)3 statewide paid professional communicators organization made up of outdoor communicators with the goals to:
- Educate the public through print and electronic media, public discussion groups, seminars, workshops, forums, panels, and lectures, in the best and wisest management of our unique outdoor heritage, and to focus the public’s attention on the science of conservation
- To improve knowledge and skill in the art of communication in order to enhance public awareness, appreciation and understanding of our outdoor heritage
- To support the best use and wise management of all natural resources by increasing public awareness, appreciation and understanding of our outdoor heritage
- To maintain the highest standards of professional competence and ethics in communications about the outdoors and conservation
- To get the facts and to disseminate them in a thorough, fair and objective manner
- To motivate and encourage young people to promote the outdoors and conservation and to support the best use and wise management of all natural resources by increasing public awareness, appreciation and understanding of our outdoor heritage.
For more information, visit FOWA.org.
About the Daytona Beach Area
Experience endless adventures in the Daytona Beach area, a destination comprised of eight distinct communities offering visitors the perfect beach base camp to explore East Central Florida. Choose thrilling activities or embrace the tranquility of days spent on 23 miles of world-famous white-sand beaches. Recognized worldwide for a few annual events including Bike Week, Biketoberfest®, the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA and the DAYTONA 500, Daytona Beach’s famed heritage also claims the headquarters of LPGA and NASCAR --and is home to Daytona International Speedway, the ‘World Center of Racing.’ With more than 12,000 beds, the destination boasts accommodations for all lifestyles and budgets from 4-star resorts to hotels, B&Bs and everything in between. Ranked #1 in Travel Channel’s “Top 10 Attractions in Florida, and named a TripAdvisor Best Weekend Getaway in Northeast Florida, TripAdvisor also named Daytona Beach to its “10 Most Affordable Beach Vacations on Florida’s East Coast” and “25 Most Popular Summer Vacation Rental Spots in the US.” Visitors can enjoy experiences beyond the beach by choosing from a surprising list of outdoor adventures, family-friendly attractions, arts, and cultural venues and an eclectic culinary scene. With expansive beaches ideal for strolling, swimming, and surfing, it is no surprise Daytona Beach was chosen as a Best Florida Attraction and Best Spring Family Beach Break Destination in the Top 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel award contests sponsored by USA TODAY. To receive a complimentary Visitors Guide, find a place to stay, or book your next adventure, visit DaytonaBeach.com. Social Media: Facebook.com/DaytonaBeach, Twitter.com/DaytonaBeachFun, Instagram.com/DiscoverDaytonaBeach, YouTube.com/VisitDaytonaBeach, and #LoveDaytonaBeach