DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – While it’s cold elsewhere in the country, the Daytona Beach area enjoys mild temperatures during the winter months making it an attractive destination to visit. Winter can be a wonderful time to plan a vacation to Daytona Beach. Here are five reasons that put Daytona Beach at the top of the list for wintertime destinations:
- Perfect Weather: Weather in Daytona Beach, while excellent throughout the year, can be superb in the winter. The bright blue skies and sunshine are ideal for getting outdoors and exploring everything that the destination has to offer. Daytime temperatures are mild, with an average high of 73 degrees Fahrenheit in December, 68 in January and 73 in February. Evenings can get cool enough for a sweater or even a jacket, but still comfortable.
- Hotel Deals: Winter is a great time to find special deals on accommodations in the Daytona Beach area. With everything from hotel rooms to oceanfront cottages and resorts, and from bed & breakfasts to condo hotels to campgrounds and RV parks — there’s a place to stay for every visitor’s taste and budget.
- Outdoor Activities: Daytona Beach is full of outdoor adventures to explore. From the 23 miles of pristine, iconic white sand beaches to 70 miles of hiking and biking trails, and for the adventure-seeking visitors, there’s plenty of fun on the water with fishing, boating, paddle boarding and kayaking. In addition, hit the links with nearly 20 golf courses to choose from including the 36-hole LPGA International or try a new sport such as pickleball at Pictona at Holly Hill, one of the top pickleball facilities in the United States with 49 courts.
- Arts & Culture: The Daytona Beach area is a rich tapestry of arts, culture and heritage. At the Smithsonian-affiliated Museum of Arts and Sciences (MOAS), view the special exhibit World War II: Stories from the American Experience, which runs through Jan. 21, 2024 or enjoy the other galleries that feature art to industry to prehistory. The Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art, also on the MOAS campus, is home to the largest collection of Florida-based art in the world. Other great museums and galleries to visit include the Ormond Memorial Art Museum & Gardens and Halifax Historical Museum. Check out the Daytona Beach Area Arts Map for details and directions and the Daytona Beach Mural Trail for the public artwork offerings.
- Outdoor Dining: Outdoor dining is a great option throughout the winter in Daytona Beach. The destination is home to an abundance of waterfront restaurants that serve up fresh seafood and picturesque views. Great dining options abound for every type of taste bud. The Daytona Beach Ale Trail highlights local craft beers and artisan spirits in a diverse string of establishments owned and operated by people who are passionate about their brews.
About the Daytona Beach Area | #LoveDaytonaBeach
Experience endless adventures in this eclectic destination that offers the perfect, beach base camp from which to explore the greater Daytona Beach area and all Central Florida. Choose thrilling activities or embrace the tranquility of days spent on 23 miles of world-famous white-sand beaches. With more than 12,000 rooms, and a variety of meeting hotels and unique spaces, the destination has accommodations for meetings and groups of all sizes and budgets. Learn more at DaytonaBeach.com. #LoveDaytonaBeach