DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The Daytona Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), whose mission is attracting visitors to the destination, is celebrating 2022 National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) on May 1-7 by recognizing area businesses and attractions with the inaugural Visitors’ Choice Awards. NTTW was established by congressional resolution 39 years ago to celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of the travel industry.
The Visitors’ Choice Awards, which recognizes some of visitors’ most beloved attractions and businesses, was determined through a survey that was sent to thousands of Daytona Beach area visitors in the CVB’s database and promoted through its social media channels. The 20 different category selections and top suggestions were based solely on DaytonaBeach.com analytics and other key data points, and each category allowed for “write-in” submissions.
With visitors voting for area beaches in numerous categories, Volusia County Beaches was honored with the Award of Excellence. Among the other honorees were Daytona International Speedway, Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, Museum of Arts & Sciences, the Daytona Beach Bandshell and the Daytona Beach Boardwalk & Pier.
“The tourism industry plays a vital role in both our state and local economy,” said Lori Campbell Baker, Executive Director of the CVB. “According to the Mid-Florida Marketing & Research, last year, nearly 10 million visitors came to Volusia County generating a $5.5 billion in positive economic impact for local businesses and creating 52,700 jobs. We appreciate all the efforts of our partners and the local community in delivering an amazing experience to our visitors.”
Businesses that were selected by visitors will be recognized with a plaque and a graphics file that can be used to promote their Visitors’ Choice honor.
Winners and honorable mentions of the 2022 Visitors’ Choice Awards are:
- Award of Excellence: Volusia County Beaches – “The World’s Most Famous Beach”
- Museums & Galleries: Winner, Museum of Arts & Sciences; Runner-up, Halifax Historical Museum
- Attractions: Winner, Daytona International Speedway; Runner-up, Ponce Inlet Lighthouse
- Major Events: Winner, Daytona Beach Bike Week; Runner-up, Speedweeks and the DAYTONA 500
- Arts, Culture & Heritage Events: Winner, Ormond Beach Celtic Festival; Runner-up, Halifax Art Festival
- Historical Sites: Daytona Beach Boardwalk & Pier; Runner-up, Ponce Inlet Lighthouse
- Performing Arts Venues: Winner, Daytona Beach Bandshell; Runner-up, Mary McLeod Bethune Performing Arts Center
- Downtown Districts: Winner, Downtown Daytona Beach (Beach Street); Runner-up, Main Street Daytona Beach
- Live Music: Winner, Daytona Beach Bandshell; Runner-up, Main Street Daytona Beach
- Shopping: Winner, Daytona Flea & Farmers Market; Runner-up, Tanger Outlets
- Family Entertainment: Winner, Daytona Lagoon; Runner-up, Daytona Beach Zipline Adventure
- Golf Course: Winner, Daytona Beach Golf & Country Club; Runner-up, Halifax Plantation Golf Club
- On the Water: Winner, The Manatee Scenic Tour Boat; Runner-up, Daytona Beach Charters
- Surfing: Winner, Surfari Surf Shop; Runner-up, Vast Oceans Surf and SUP School
- Parks: Winner, Lighthouse Point Park; Runner-up, Tomoka State Park
- Fine Dining: Winner, Chart House; Runner-up, Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
- Seafood: Winner, Joe’s Crab Shack (Daytona Beach Pier); Runner-up, Crabby Joe’s Deck & Grill (Sunglow Pier)
- Waterfront: Winner, Caribbean Jack’s Restaurant & Marina; Runner-up, Aunt Catfish’s on the River
- Locally Crafted: Winner, Ormond Brewing Company; Runner-up (tie), Copper Bottom Craft Distillery and Red Pig Brewery
- Sweets: Winner, Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory; Runner-up, Zeno’s Boardwalk Sweetshop
- Rooftop Bars: Winner, The Roof at Joe’s Crab Shack; Runner-up, Top of Daytona Restaurant & Lounge
“In its inaugural year, the Visitors’ Choice Awards provides the opportunity to put some of the Daytona Beach area attractions and businesses that guests enjoy most in the spotlight,” said CVB Marketing & Design Director Kay Galloway. “We look forward to continuing to build upon this program that recognizes establishments that are delivering a first-class experience to the visitors.”
About National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW)
NTTW is an annual industry tradition celebrating the value travel holds for our economy, business, personal well-being and more. NTTW 2022 celebrates the #FutureOfTravel and the industry’s role in fostering vibrant communities, driving innovation, facilitating recovery and powering the U.S. economy—in every corner of our country.
About the Daytona Beach Area | #LoveDaytonaBeach
Experience endless adventures in this eclectic destination that offers the perfect, beach base camp from which to explore the greater Daytona Beach area and all Central Florida. Choose thrilling activities or embrace the tranquility of days spent on 23 miles of world-famous white-sand beaches. With more than 12,000 rooms, and a variety of meeting hotels and unique spaces, the destination has accommodations for meetings and groups of all sizes and budgets. Learn more at DaytonaBeach.com. #LoveDaytonaBeach