A Win-Win for Daytona Beach Visitors and Football Fans
When paired with lively festivals, outdoor adventures, and holiday celebrations, football season goes long on fun
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (November 1, 2018) – Fall is in the air and for sports fans that means one thing – football! For Daytona Beach visitors and football fans, it’s a win-win. From Bethune-Cookman Wildcats final home game and NAIA National Football Championship Game to the debut of the American Patriots League in Daytona Beach, football season is jam-packed! When paired with lively festivals, outdoor adventures and a “wonderfall” beach vacation football season goes long on fun. Here are some football games and events you won’t want to miss:
- November 3: Southeast Regional Pop Warner Games at Daytona Stadium.
For an extra kick: 18th Annual Daytona Beach Festival of Magic, November 2-4; Halifax Art Festival and Fall Country Jamboree, November 3-4
- November 8: Bethune-Cookman vs. N.C. Central at Daytona Stadium, 7 p.m. Don’t miss the final home game of the season. The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats compete in the Football ChampionshipSubdivision (FCS) of the National Collegiate Athletics Association and the south division of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. Please visit BCUAthletics.com for tickets. For an extra kick: Volusia County Fair and Youth Show, November 1-11; 42nd Annual Greek Festival November 8-11, and 27th Annual Flamingo Follies Art Show, November 10-11
- November 9: Mainland Buccaneers versus Eau Gallie at Daytona Stadium, 7 p.m.
For an extra kick: Greek Festival November 8-11 and Flamingo Follies Art Show November 10-11
- November 20-24: Elite 8 Nationals. Elite 8 Nationals brings eight “Can’t-Miss Youth Tackle” football events to Daytona Beach at a variety of venues. One fun premise of the event is to combine the love of sports with a family vacation. Sign up and enjoy this new angle of competition that encourages family time at the World’s Most Famous Beach. (Additional athletic events include: baseball, softball, and basketball.) For more information, please visit http://elite8nationals.com/.
For an extra kick: Daytona Turkey Run, the largest combined car show and swap meet in the U.S., November 22-25, and Magic of Lights Holiday Display at Daytona International Speedway through January 1
- December 9: 9th Annual National Bowl at 9:30 a.m., and Annual Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) Bowl, 1:30 p.m., at Daytona Stadium. Previous years have seen record numbers of players in both of these bowls move on to play for the National and Central Football Leagues (NFL and CFL). What gives them the chance to shine gives spectators a spirited level of competition! These post-college bowls are attended by scouts and general managers from the National and Central Football Leagues. Tickets are only $20 and may be purchased at the gate. For more information, visit https://www.fcsbowl.com/stadium-tickets.
For an extra kick: Movie on the Halifax, December 7; Magic of Lights Holiday Display at Daytona International Speedway through January 1; Snow & Glow Christmas Show- New Smyrna Hot Air Balloon Festival, December 7-8; A Very Merry Old Fashioned Christmas at Ponce Inlet Historical Museum, December 8, The Nutcracker at Peabody Auditorium, December 8-9, and Wonderland festivities at ONE DAYTONA, December 9
- December 15: 63rd Annual National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Football National Championship at Daytona Stadium, 6 p.m. Everyone is encouraged to attend this exciting event that showcases some of the best college talents in football today. Daytona Stadium will be buzzing with pre-game and half-time shows, live music and plenty of fun for everyone. Cheering squads throughout Volusia County will participate as well as band members and chorus students from Volusia and Flagler county schools. For more information and tickets, please visit DaytonaStadium.com.
For an extra kick: It’s a Wonderful Life at Daytona Playhouse, December 14-16; Magic of Lights Holiday Display at Daytona International Speedway through January 1; and Wonderland festivities at ONE DAYTONA, December 16
- December 26-30: 13th Annual All-American Bowl at Daytona Stadium. The 13th Annual Offense-Defense All-American Bowl Week is an exciting and prestigious All-American competition at Daytona Stadium! Hand-selected rosters are the product of intense pre-season scouting from hundreds of Offense-Defense coaching personnel, culminating in what has become the biggest invitation-only youth and high school football event in the world! For more information, please visit https://bowl.o-d.com.
For an extra kick: World Karting Association Kartweek at Daytona International Speedway, December27-30, New Year’s Eve in Daytona Beach, December 31 and Stetson Mansion Christmas Spectacular Holiday Home Tours daily through January 15
- January 12: All America Classic at Spec Stadium, DeLand, 5 p.m. Spec Martin Stadium, home to D1 Stetson University, will be the site for the inaugural 2019 All America Classic High School Senior Bowl in DeLand. For more information, visit https://www.allamericaclassic.com/.
For an extra kick: Great Tasting Tours in DeLand Wednesdays-Saturdays and Stetson Mansion Christmas Spectacular Holiday Home Tours daily through January 15.
- January 13: Spiral Tropical Bowl at Daytona Stadium, 10 a.m. After two days of teaching and practice, top college football seniors will showcase their talent to NFL scouts, making for an exciting competition to watch. The SPIRAL Tropical Bowl is a premier Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) Division I level College Football All Star Game that has historically featured 70+ NFL Scouts and 26+ NFL teams, with over 110 Spiral Tropical Bowl Alumni going on to the NFL since 2016. "We look forward each year to bringing the best college football players from around the country to Daytona Beach!" said SPIRAL Tropical Bowl President & Owner Michael Quartey. For more information, please visit https://www.tropicalbowl.com/.
For an extra kick: Masters of Illusion Live! at Peabody Auditorium, January 17; Rolex 24 at DAYTONA, January 26-27
- January 19: USA Bowl at Daytona Stadium.
For an extra kick: Great Tasting Tours in DeLand Wednesdays-Saturdays and Daytona Ideal Miniature Enthusiasts Flea Market, January 19
- February through July 2019 -New Professional Football League Games at Daytona Stadium. The World Professional Football Association announced Daytona Beach is the first city in its new professional league, the American Patriot League (APL). The team will play its inaugural season in 2019 at Daytona Stadium. The APL is a league run by former NFL players for current football players and “is a chance for guys to play professionally and improve their skills, whether they want to continue on to the NFL or not,” said Marques Ogden, Managing Director of World Professional Football Association and former NFL player for the Titans, Bills, Ravens and Jaguars. For more information, please visitaplfootball.us.
For an extra kick: Volusia Beer Week, February 1-10; Granada Grand Festival of the Arts, February 2; DAYTONA Speedweeks by AdventHealth, February 9-17; Quilt Week, February 27-March 2; Daytona Bike Week, March 8-17; Spring Turkey Run Car Show, March 22-24, and Jeep Beach, April 22-28
For more information, please visit DaytonaBeach.com.
About the Daytona Beach Area
Discover the new Daytona Beach and its surrounding area, a resurging destination along Florida’s East Coast comprising eight distinct communities. Recognized worldwide for its annual events including Bike Week, Biketoberfest®, the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA and the DAYTONA 500, Daytona Beach’s famed heritage also claims the headquarters of LPGA and NASCAR --and is home to Daytona International Speedway, the ‘World Center of Racing.’ With more than 12,000 beds, the destination boasts accommodations for all lifestyles and budgets from 4-star resorts, to hotels, B&Bs and everything in between. Ranked #1 in Travel Channel’s 2017 “Top 10 Attractions in Florida, and one of TripAdvisor’s 2016 “10 Most Affordable Beach Vacations on Florida’s East Coast” and “25 Most Popular Summer Vacation Rental Spots in the US.” Visitors can enjoy experiences beyond the beach by choosing from a surprising list of outdoor adventures, family-friendly attractions, cultural venues and a colorful culinary scene. With 23 miles of world-famous beaches ideal for swimming and surfing, it is no surprise Daytona Beach was chosen as a Best Florida Attraction and Best Spring Family Beach Break Destination in the Top 10 Best Readers’ Choice travel award contests sponsored by USA TODAY. To order a complimentary comprehensive Official Destination Guide or book a stay, visit DaytonaBeach.com. For real-time updates, visit Facebook.com/DaytonaBeach or Twitter.com/DaytonaBeachFun.