Ponce Inlet Beach Racing South Turn Historic Marker
4887 South Atlantic Avenue
Ponce Inlet, FL 32127
This is the site of the original South Turn of the famous Ponce Inlet beach road course. The National Association of Stock Car Racing (NASCAR) was formed in 1948 and sanctioned automobile racing on this course from 1948 through 1958. Sanctioned motorcycle racing was conducted on this course from 1948 until 1960. Vehicles racing on the 4.1 mile beach road course would travel north on the hard packed sand beach, turning left at the banked sand North Turn, and then travel south on the two lane paved Atlantic Avenue until they reached the start/finish line at the banked sand South turn, thus completing one lap.