Stetson Theatre Arts Presents The Laramie Project
- November 21, 2019 - November 24, 2019
- Admission: $12 adults, $10 seniors and non-Stetson students and Stetson faculty, staff and students receive free admission with a valid ID
- Venue: Museum of Art - DeLand
- Location: Second State Theatre at the Museum of Art
- Address: 600 North Woodland Blvd DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: (386) 822-8700
Second Stage Theatre 2019 – 2020 Play Season
The Laramie Project by Moises Kaufmann, November 21-23, 8 p.m. and November 24, 3 p.m.
In October 1998, Matthew Shepard, a student at the University of Wyoming was kidnapped, severely beaten and left tied to a prairie fence. Matthew was the target of this brutal assault because he was gay, and he died days later as a result of his injuries. Moises Kaufmann and fellow members of the Tectonic Theater Project conducted more than 200 interviews with the people of Laramie, Wyoming. Based on those interviews, “The Laramie Project” is a breathtaking collage that explores the depths to which humanity can sink and the heights of compassion of which we are capable.
Second Stage Theatre is located at the Museum of Art in DeLand, a vital and interactive visual arts museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, display and educational use of the fine arts in Central Florida.
Tickets will be available at the door and reserved tickets must be picked up 30 minutes prior to the start of the performance. The box office will be open one hour prior to curtain. Parking is free.