Visit the Halifax Historical Museum for an amazing exhibit of local importance. Henry Saltzman started the first museum for the blind with the Jewish organization called B'nai B'rith here in Daytona Beach. The Museum opened on March 2nd, 1958. Henry opened his first independent art school in June 1946 at 320 South Beach Street and an art supply store at the same location. Eventually, the Gallery moved to a larger location at 133 Volusia Avenue. Henry was involved in the local Little Theater in many productions, was stationed at Welch Convalescence Hospital where he started an art studio in 1945. In addition to teaching art to both adults and children at his studio, Henry Saltzman was Artist-in-Residence at Bethune-Cookman college, where he established the art department.