Gary Monroe: Photographs & Revelations
- September 15, 2019
- (Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Admission: $5, provides admission to both museum locations; children 12 and under admitted free
- Venue: Museum of Art - DeLand
- Location: Museum of Art - DeLand
- Address: 100 and 600 North Woodland Boulevard DeLand, FL 32720
The 46 black and white photographs in Gary Monroe's Photographs & Revelations exhibit capture the soul of some of the world’s most vibrant, unique, (and in some cases, now vanished) cultural scenes. From 1970s South Beach to carnival time in Haiti, Monroe’s 40+ year career has covered periods of incredible social change.
This striking exhibit features some of Monroe's most notable images, as well as 22 cultural objects, and 10 paintings from his personal collection.