Anni Holm: The Immigration Project
- September 25, 2018 - October 13, 2018
- (Recurring weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Venue: Stetson University
- Location: Stetson University
- Address: Hand Art Center 139 East Michigan Avenue DeLand, FL 32723
- Phone: (386) 822-7270
Swedish multi-media artist Anni Holm was a student living in the United States during the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001. As proposals were being made by various U.S. authorities to have international students fingerprinted or carry chip-implanted tracking cards, Holm began work on “The Immigration Project” in 2003. The digital portraits of international students in the exhibit “Anni Holm: The Immigration Project” are composed of the fingerprints of each subject, resulting in a pixilated look. Each image measures 57 by 43 inches and contains about 4000 actual life-size fingerprints of the depicted student. Please visit the website for museum hours and more information.